Young Adult Vocational Program in Arlington, seeks an energetic, outgoing, dynamic and organized person to fill the part time position of Peer Mentor.
• Assisting consumers in maintaining their appearance
• Supporting consumers’ cultural and religious preferences
• Ensuring free access to all areas of the home and consumers’ personal records
• Ensuring restrictions are limited and personal possessions are protected
• Empower consumers to exercise control over their lives, including daily routines within their home and leisure activities
• Assist consumers in being fully integrated in their communities by supporting them in the use of community resources, encouraging them in establishing memberships within their communities, and reducing stigma within the community through education
Schedule: 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday, flexible
High School Diploma with at least 1 year of paid or volunteer experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness. Must be either receiving services or received services in the past from the mental health system and have self-knowledge to manage their mental illness and have an established recovery process. Must have a strong commitment to mental health recovery. Must have skills to establish supportive relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses and respect for their preferences for treatment.
Eliot Community Human Services offers a great benefits package that includes a competitive salary, 3 weeks vacation, 12 sick days and 11 holidays. Eliot pays 75% of health and dental insurance and 100% of Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability insurance for full time employees. We also offer 401(k) retirement plan, Dependent Care plan, EAP, credit union, free college savings tuition program and other voluntary benefits. The agency also has our own in house training program which provides CEU’s.