The GA provides programmatic analysis and support to the Program Unit, and actively participates in the grant making processes, acting as a liaison between Program staff, other Endowment departments, grantees and other external audiences.
1. Coordinate the grant-making process, including preparing and tracking correspondence, proposals, grant documents, contracts and payments. Ensures the accuracy and quality of documents in the review and approval stages:
- Proposal review:
- Generate Award packet:
• Award agreement
• Award letter
• Payment letter
• Check request
2. Analyze and monitor the progress for all approved contracts and grants in terms of funded objectives and expenditures. Assess reports for Risk or No Risk, and review and approve nearly 80% of all grant reports at the GA level; make recommendations to Program Managers and Directors for follow-up on the remaining 20% of risk-related reports. Maintain a database for every grant, including correspondence, reports and payment documents, and ensure that all essential documents are scanned. Comply and follow-up on database audits from Grants Administration.
3. Analyze requests and guide grantees on grant modification processes and procedures, and collaborate with Program staff and grantees to ensure grant modification requests are properly presented, accurate, and acceptable. Consider and approve requests to change end-dates for grant terms and progress report due dates. For requests to make changes beyond policy, forward to Program Managers and Directors for approval.
4. Coordinate with Program Department staff, the Manager, Contracts and Compliance, and independent contractors to create contract agreements and monitor contract deliverables, invoicing, payments, renewals and terminations.
• Scope of work
• Deliverables and deadlines
• Process payments & monitor contingencies
5. Provide technical assistance to applicants, grantees and other external audiences on grant-making processes and procedures. Provide detailed information on proposal and grant requirements. Field and conduct follow-up on inquires related to the administration of Endowment-funded programs.
6. Actively participate as a member of a program team, attend team meetings and collaborate with team members on pending grant docket, special projects and various other team-related functions.
- Track status and ensure timely approval of pending grants in ReviewerConnect
- Team Meetings and 1:1 meetings with Directors and PMs
- Grants Administration meetings (Coordinate to streamline grant making process and communicate policy & procedure changes to Program team.)
7. Conduct proposal or other content research and compose summaries.
8. Clarify and format proposal budgets during the review process. Maintain current knowledge of budget policies & procedures in order to ensure compliance.
9. Maintain current, comprehensive information on proposals, grants and contracts in the MicroEdge GIFTS database and create technical reports from information culled from the database.
- Pending grants report
- Overdue grants report
- Track working budget (PTFS)
- FY reports (budget, end dates, payments)
- Initiative reports (HEAC, CCROPP, ACA, Clinic Consortia)
- Coding / Outcome reports
10. Collaborate with internal departments (Program, Grants Administration, Finance, Contracts) to comply with internal audit procedures, grant tracking procedures and grant-making processes.
11. In rare instances, manage the logistics and implementation of special events, convenings and other meetings, including site and catering selection, contracting and payment, participant coordination, travel arrangements, meeting materials, room arrangements and media requirements. Assist Administrative Assistants in the Regional Offices with administrative duties as needed.
Minimum Experience & Education:
• Three to five years support experience, preferably in grant making, nonprofit or related institution.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Please log on to our online application system at: http://tcewebservices/cyberrecruitercareers
For more information: www.calendow.org