Do kids give you energy rather than zap it from you? Are you on fire with passion for God and would love nothing more than to see kids’ lives changed through Him? Would it excite you to recruit and lead a team that makes a dynamic kids’ ministry happen every week? If so, we’d like to talk to you!
Creekside is a growing, energetic church whose mission is to Follow Jesus, Love God and Love People. Launched in 1989 the church offers three Sunday morning worship services with some 1500 people in attendance. The church is team led, culturally relevant, attractional and missional in strategy. Situated on 34 acres in northwest Waterloo, Creekside hosts playing fields for the community to use and because the church is too big for its building is presently seeking to expand its facilities. Creekside sees its primary target audience as Waterloo Region and is excited to work alongside other churches in the region to help reach the Waterloo Region for Jesus.
If you’re a natural born leader and a kid at heart with a heart for kids, keep reading for the specifics:
• Someone who has a minimum of 5 years experience working in Kids’/Children’s Ministry
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the needs of children and their development and willing to stay current in this area
• A leader of leaders
• Gifted with amazing interpersonal and connecting skills (i.e. able to work well with staff, volunteers, parents and of course with kids)
• Experienced in volunteer management and in working with people of various ages
• Well-organized and possess great administration skills (i.e. proven ability to handle the day-to-day organization of the ministry, long range planning skills and experience handling a budget, and writing reports and proposals)
• A strong team player
• Acreative risk-taker
• Extremely adept at managing your time
• Able to communicate exceptionally well, both verbally and in writing
• Proficient in all Microsoft applications and have an understanding of basic office equipment
• So passionate about the ministry that you don't mind working weekends
• Qualified to be a member of CreeksideChurch
• Qualified to work in Canada
You will be...
• Creating, organizing and overseeing weekly and special eventsfor Nursery through Grade 6 kids which includes helping to facilitate connection and spiritual growth opportunities with the creative use of multi-media, music, teaching and drama resources
• Recruiting, training and leading teams of volunteers
• Leading with vision and passion
• Required to work at all weekend worship experiences
• Developing an annual strategy for the Kids’ Ministry
• Serving as an active and contributing member of the Pastors Team
If you're convinced you're the right person for the job, send us your cover letter and resume and convince us!
Apply to: jobscreeksidechurch.caand quote the job title “Kids’ Pastor”