The Spanish Language Institute and Sojourn Academy are looking for a person with IT experience and a heart for missions. We are a 70 year old institution dedicated to the training of missionaries and their families for work in Spanish-speaking ministry. Our campus has grown to the point that we are looking for someone to join our staff who can focus on the IT needs of our campus.
The applicant should possess:
- Ability to manage a (closed/private) network of about 30 company machines, over a span about .5 km, that also provides two encrypted wireless access points that are password-protected for guests/students.
- Familiarity and experience with hosted websites on shared hosting "farms", (Cpanel is what we currently use), and ability to use a content management system (CMS), specifically Joomla, by feeding content, administrating, and manipulating menu/article content
- Some writing and "digital journalism" ability - capable of gathering and synthesizing information in the form of visitor-friendly announcements and web articles. Able to write interesting multimedia articles - strongest on the written, layout, and photographic aspects.
- Interest/time to start developing an "online community" where language students and teachers can participate in feeding the website with learning resources and anecdotal stories about their experiences
- Website: PHP, CSS, MySQL, FTP, Content management system (Joomla)
- Network experience, both in hardware and administrative, cabling and network topology. Someone with experience at a school-district level, or a university, or a small business with at least 50 employees would be helpful
- Computer repair and maintenance (A+ Hardware certified)